Fedora Release Graphics Specs

Diana Fong dfong at redhat.com
Sat Dec 9 21:18:30 UTC 2006

Greetings...

As the creation of graphics for the next Fedora release is being open
for design, it will be worthwhile to know what pieces are needed for a
complete and useful set.  I've constructed a Fedora Release Graphics
wiki (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/ReleaseGraphics) containing
a list of components (in general order of appearance), illustrations,
and specifications that goes into redesigning a release. Also included
are screenshots of Fedora Core 5 and 6 to illustrate the possible
changes as well as to show Fedora Core's visual progression.

These are the notes and specifications I've accumulated from having
completed 4-5 release designs. I realize that some of the info posted
might not agree with README.txt but this is what I've found to work upon
implementation and I will be updating it as our technology changes. If
you find serious discrepancies or have questions, contact me or post to
this list.

Its content is similar to that of the ThemingOverview page, but I
hesitated to overwrite it as it contained brief sections on Metacity and
GTK which I chose not to cover.  The reasoning being that they do not
change per release nor are they really effected by the subject/look
chosen for the release (though they could).  Thinking ahead, and if
there are no objections, I'd like to revamp the ThemingOverview wiki to
link to ReleaseGraphics, thus clearing the overlapped information, and
further expand the list to include such specs for screensavers and other
themable graphics that are not necessarily tied to each release design
subject.

Diana Fong
---
Red Hat