Re: more natural colors

Mike Chalmers wrote:
On 12/10/06, Gabriel Hurley <gabriel hurley gmail com> wrote:
See http://people.redhat.com/dfong/theme/panels.html

Those mockups were made by 'Gentleman' and posted to gnome-look.org as the 'Gentle Gnome' mockups [1]. The wallpaper in those mockups is made by a very talented artist on Deviant Art who goes by '-kol' [2]. Neither work has a whole lot to do with Fedora, unfortunately.

That is nice and pleasant, but will Fedora's logos, etc. change to
more natural colors. I think it would be great if they got very
natural.

Fedora's logo will not change - it has been trademarked and already has brand recognition. We can certainly try for theme artwork with a more 'natural' color palette, though. If you look at some of the mockups for flying high with Fedora you'll see some examples of this, and Fedora Borealis has some potential in that direction as well, the aurora being a natural phenomenon (are you the person who posted a request for more colors in the latest borealis mocks? I tried out the changes you suggested, just haven't posted them yet. :) )

~m

[1] http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=31128
[2] http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/24425611/