Re: more natural colors

Mike, I agree with you that mockup looks nice. By the sounds of it
you've got a lot of great ideas and energy for a complete theme.

However it's important that fedora "as a brand" not flip flop with
it's image. It's fairly safe to say there are at least two things in
the art department that are working out really well for fedora:

1) the colour blue
2) the fedora logo

Cheers,

On 12/10/06, Mike Chalmers <mikechalmers70 gmail com> wrote:
On 12/10/06, Máirín Duffy <duffy redhat com> wrote:
> Mike Chalmers wrote:
> > On 12/10/06, Gabriel Hurley <gabriel hurley gmail com> wrote:
> >> See http://people.redhat.com/dfong/theme/panels.html
>
> Those mockups were made by 'Gentleman' and posted to gnome-look.org as
> the 'Gentle Gnome' mockups [1]. The wallpaper in those mockups is made
> by a very talented artist on Deviant Art who goes by '-kol' [2]. Neither
> work has a whole lot to do with Fedora, unfortunately.
>
> > That is nice and pleasant, but will Fedora's logos, etc. change to
> > more natural colors. I think it would be great if they got very
> > natural.
>
> Fedora's logo will not change - it has been trademarked and already has
> brand recognition. We can certainly try for theme artwork with a more
> 'natural' color palette, though. If you look at some of the mockups for
> flying high with Fedora you'll see some examples of this, and Fedora
> Borealis has some potential in that direction as well, the aurora being
> a natural phenomenon (are you the person who posted a request for more
> colors in the latest borealis mocks? I tried out the changes you
> suggested, just haven't posted them yet. :) )
>
> ~m
>
> [1] http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=31128
> [2] http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/24425611/

No I am not that person. I just want to say again that, going very
natural would be great. There are so many shades of green, yellow,
blue, white, etc. that I am sure y'all could find something that is
great for Fedora. Also, y'all could be known as the best free distro,
and most natrural! Personally, I would change the logo colors but I
know y'all are better at art than I.

The futuristic technological colors are not that great in my opinion.
I think y'all should keep the logo the same, but change the colors of
the logo and backgrounds. Have some very natural things, like 3d bark,
trees towering thousands of feet with mountains around them, villages
built in trees??? (maybe something like that), beautiful colors of
grasses (ex. blue mixed with green and yellow), plant life that is
pure that is not of this earth, y'all could create plants and trees
and name them and stuff, different color skies and sunsets, very
defined things in 3d that look very very real and nice, crystal clear
lakes that move on your desktop with natural things around them, the
list goes on, etc., etc., etc. Use natural creativity.

This is just an idea, but I thought it was pretty good. That theme was good. :-)