[FC7 theme proposal] Flying High with Fedora 7 - Round 2

Gabriel Hurley wrote:
> I hope there is no conflict with the former Corel logo. (see
> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4e/Corel_Ballon_Logo.gif)

IANAL, but I doubt this is an issue.

It would be one thing if the artwork for their balloon was ripped off
here, or if a derivative work was made using their logo. The simple fact
that the artwork includes a hot-air balloon, though, in a theme for a
Linux distro is just not enough to indicate IP infringement.

Wow,

I totally forgot about Corel and I can assure everyone Corel did not enter my mind when I was brain storming ideas for fc7. I would refer all those interested in the concept to the theme's home wiki.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fc7ThemeProposalFlyingHigh

From that page I believe you will see it is an adaption of the fedora logo. :)

Cheers,

John