Re: No top posting (was: [FC7 theme proposal] Flying High with Fedora 7 - Round 2)

Hi John,

* [2006.12.11 18:04 -0500] John Baer wrote:
                           ^^^^^^^^^
> As suggested I read the "Communicate/MailingListGuidelines" and I must
> confess I did not see any mention of "top" posting.
>
> However, Google found this link.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top-posting#Top-posting
>
> I apologize for the error and thank you for the opportunity to learn
> something new.

You are welcome. As you can see from wikipedia there are programs
encouraging top posting: outlook and gmail.

Top posting is fine when only a few people are involved like in
private emails, but is usually adopted in public mailing lists. You
will see its importance when you read archived emails :)