Re: [FC7 theme proposal] Flying High with Fedora 7 - Round 2

Nicu Buculei wrote:
I totally forgot about Corel and I can assure everyone Corel did not enter my mind when I was brain storming ideas for fc7. I would refer all those interested in the concept to the theme's home wiki.

Indeed, there are ways, a lot of ways, that *if* in the end we will use a balloon, it will not resemble the Corel one. A good approach is http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fc7ThemeProposalFlyingHighPOC?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=flyinghigh-moonlight.png And even in this http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fc7ThemeProposalFlyingHighPOC?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=fc7-poc01.png we can remake the image (Inkscape, Blender, whatever) and recreate it using Fedora colours, not the original ones reminding of Corel.

I *really* like Jiří's balloon design [1] - it mimics the Fedora logo without really being overtly *the* logo (that's why I didn't put them in my little Flying High mock, Ify - they look kind of weird tilted but they just don't fit if I spin it right-side up either. And it looks *too* Fedora for every balloon to have the logo). The balloons also don't look overtly plain then.

Jiří, can you make the source artwork (SVG?) available for [1]? I want to play around with your balloon design and try to make a new mockup for Flying High!

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fc7ThemeProposalFlyingHighPOC?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=jjm-flying-high01.png