[FC7 theme proposal] Flying High with Fedora 7 - Round 2

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Wed Dec 13 04:54:11 UTC 2006

John Baer wrote:
> I guess it's time to get to work!

I put together some Flying High with Fedora artwork for round 2. I
uploaded it here:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/FC7Themes/Fc7ThemeProposalFlyingHighRound2

I really really liked Jiří's Flying High mockup [1] so these were
heavily inspired by that! I added Jiří's balloon design into these new
ones - it adds variety and looks really slick. I also made SVGs
available for each piece so everyone can feel free to play around with them.

I'm thinking for the wallpaper something much more laid back than these
little pieces (as Nicu pointed out earlier they're too busy for a
wallpaper.) Maybe even just a simple night sky scape with two tiny
balloons (community :) ) and some clouds off into a corner - similar to
one of John's mocks [2], but with the logo and balloons even smaller in
proportion.

The release number is in one of them but it's not an integral part of
the artwork (as it was for the c6re design.) I thought it might be
useful to add into artwork on a very selective basis so you'll know what
version it is you're running/installing/etc. What do you folks think
about a number policy like that?

~m

[1]
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fc7ThemeProposalFlyingHighPOC?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=jjm-flying-high01.png