Re: [FC7 theme proposal] Flying High with Fedora 7 - Round 2

Máirín Duffy wrote:

Do we like this artwork straight/clean/clear? Maybe we could play around with a more painterly touch or textures?

E.g., while I stared at this too long when I made it and it's probably overkill, something like:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fc7ThemeProposalFlyingHighPOC?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=flyinghigh-moonlight2.png

(it's a little oversaturated for sure; it needs to be tuned down) I was kind of going for a grainy-film look. The balloon idea made me think of the Smashing Pumkins 'tonight, tonight' music video [1] which had that kind of novel quality to it so I wanted to see how it'd look here.

~m

[1] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_7VRYySrVA

I am not sure whether end users would see that as a particular style or just a poor quality image. Kind of like when my grandfather told me to properly iron my "crumbled look" shirt.

Rahul