Re: [FC7 theme proposal] Flying High with Fedora 7 - Round 2

Quoting Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora nicubunu ro>:

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Máirín Duffy wrote:
(it's a little oversaturated for sure; it needs to be tuned down) I was kind of going for a grainy-film look. The balloon idea made me think of the Smashing Pumkins 'tonight, tonight' music video [1] which had that kind of novel quality to it so I wanted to see how it'd look here.

I am not sure whether end users would see that as a particular style or just a poor quality image. Kind of like when my grandfather told me to properly iron my "crumbled look" shirt.

At the first look I thought is bad dithering :p

I thought of a better example than my feeble attempt!

Remember back in the day this gorgeous GIMP splash screen art by tigert?

http://www.gimp.org/about/splash/splash-images/gimp_splash.1.11.png