Re: Fedora Release Graphics Specs

Hi,

It would be good to consider a GDM theme that work with a face browser [1] as fast-user-switching is on the radar for Fedora 7 including thoughts of a patch to enable face browsing by default if, and only if, there is less than say, five non-system users available.

Also, we should probably consider if enabling accessible login [2] has any implications for the artwork. I'd suspect that Insert+S might be used to bring up the screen reader for example. Perhaps that could be hinted in the artwork. Or maybe not. Something to consider.

Also, for live CD I'm considering booting the live CD into gdm such that

 o The user can choose his language and keyboard layout there
   (right now only the language can be used)

 o The user can enable Assistive Technologies such as

   - screen reader (orca)
   - magnifier
   - on screen keyboard

   by using what gdm calls "gestures"

but am not entirely sure about this yet. Perhaps the live CD thus deserves it's own special login screen that users icons rather than text as we don't know the users language ahead of time. Thoughts?

As a closing point it might be interesting to consider GL Bling too, see e.g. some plans Ubuntu has

 https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FaceBrowserLogin

      David

[1] : http://mybox.ro/blog/wp-content/gdm-BlackHumanList-screenshot.png
[2] : http://www.gnome.org/learn/access-guide/latest/sysadmin-27.html