Re: [FC7 theme proposal] Flying High with Fedora 7 - Round 2

Nicu Buculei wrote:

> Question: do we want customized splash screens for such applications?
> - the splash for OpenOffice.org was customized for a while (around
> FC2-FC3) in the Bluecurve style.;
> - the GIMP splash was never (AFAIK) customized in RHL/Fedora;
> - in the current FC6 the Eclipse splash is customized ("Fedora
> Eclipse")
> but is not related at all to the rest of the desktop theming.

Nicu,

I do not the answer to that question but based on what other distro's
are doing it appears theme-ing these two splash screen is common.

I would say why not if we have the time. I've installed them on my
system and IMO they provide a nice touch.

Cheers,

John