Any theme planned for FC 6

Andy Shellam andy at andycc.net
Fri Jul 14 08:25:48 UTC 2006

Actually, saying that I've just remembered it wasn't the boot screens
per se I posted about, but the Grub boot loader screen (background.)  I
didn't get it sorted, the machine it's on is a dev box which I haven't
logged on to for a couple of weeks - but AFAIK I'm still trying to find
the answer to getting a custom Grub background working.

What I DID accomplish was the rest of the RHGB screens, which are simply
PNG images in the /usr/share/rhgb folder, and can be replaced by custom
ones.
To create a custom "throbber" (the animation of a few circles spinning
round), create a PNG image of 288x24 - then in that image you need 12
images of 24x24 placed side-by-side, so when viewed left to right -
that's your animation.

Replace the /usr/share/rhgb/throbber-anim.png image with your image,
reboot and you're sorted!

In Fedora, the /usr/share/rhgb/large-computer.png isn't used - there are
2 other image - one which is the fedora system logo (the bubbly f), the
other is the word "fedora" in the bottom-right corner.  Replace these
with your own PNGs and bingo, you've got a nice customised system :)

Andy.