Any theme planned for FC 6

Leon sdl.web at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 17:07:15 UTC 2006

Andy Shellam <andy at andycc.net> writes:

> Hi Leon,
>
> I agree with you - would do good to see some fresh changes to the
> complete UI of Fedora.
> I don't about you, but in my opinion, the Bluecurve theme reminds me
> too much of Windows, especially the red "X" in one of the sub-themes -
> it's just Windows XP revamped, and I didn't switch to Fedora to remind
> me of Windows ;-)
>
> Now, with Windows Vista coming forth shortly, I wouldn't say no to
> alpha blending and a good deal more visual effects :)

You raise a very good point here. There is opportunity of more people
coming to linux world. However, the choice of which distribution to go
to is overwhelming. The first thing to grab new users' attention is
visual style, icons etc. And it seems fedora has met its match from
SUSE and Ubuntu. Look at the pace these two distributions develop!

> I posted a message on here a while back to ask how to customise the
> boot-loader screens but got not one single reply :( eventually I
> figured it out on my own, looks like there's very few art gurus who
> are willing to bring the discussions out into the public domain.
>
> Ah well, and so we wait...
>
> Andy.
>

> sdl.web at gmail.com wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> It seems this mailing list is extremely inactive:( I'll be the first
>> of this month to post.
>>
>> By the time FC 6 released, the bluecurve icon theme will be 4 year
>> old. Hope to see some shiny changes. The new icons posted
>> in fedorawiki are really nice.
>>
>> However it seems all the art work happens secretly if it happens at
>> all. Great effort has been made to attract more community
>> participation but the result looks unsatisfactory. As FC 6 test2 is
>> coming in a week, maybe people in the artwork team could shed some
>> light on how things are progressing? Any feedback needed from end
>> users?
>>
>> -- Leon

>> !DSPAM:14,44b6ac9d34532123712549!

Leon