Re: Yet Another Graffiti Wallpaper

On Friday 28 July 2006 21:38, Máirín Duffy <duffy redhat com> wrote:
> David Nielsen wrote:
> > With all possible respect, I still hate this hip-hop thing, I hope the
> > idea isn't to make this default in FC in anyways - in which case I'd
> > propose seeking an endorsement from Snoop Dogg.
>
> What does graffiti have to do with hip hop?
>
> I've seen plenty of Metallica, Joe <3's Sue, and even satanist
> graffiti.... Graffiti is a style of art that is separate from hip-hop or
> rap music, as far as I know and have observed.
>
> I saw a lot of awesome graffiti when I visited Barcelona recently for
> GUADEC 2006. For example, check this one out:
> http://flickr.com/photos/mairin/176274133/ It's a very powerful
> political statement that doesn't have a whole lot to do with hip-hop.
> And this one: http://flickr.com/photos/mairin/199600314/ Ninjas and
> dragons.

There's still a popular perception that graffiti is associated with pop
culture and is unprofessional.  It could be risky to use graffiti as part of
the default theme in Fedora.  I think it could be great as an option in a
Core installation, just not as the default background.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 n-man com

http://www.n-man.com/