Puplet icon != Bluecurve

Joachim Frieben jfrieben at freesurf.fr
Thu Jun 15 12:53:13 UTC 2006

I'm aware of this project. But this is still no reason to corrupt
"Bluecurve". Simply create a new icon theme consisting of old icons
("Bluecurve", etc.), give it a distinct name and use it as your playground.
In the same time, make sure that new applications are also provided with a
"Bluecurve" style icon, and-if you want-what you call a "revamped" Fedora
default theme one. Btw, in the cited case of the "yum" notifier applet, an
existing icon could be easily adapted to complete the "Bluecurve" theme.
Unless "Bluecurve" is officially abandoned by Red Hat, I see no reason not
to ensure a minimum maintenance work.
The latest attempts to "revamp" the Fedora icon theme are plain horrible. I
don't care about this as long a "Bluecurve" remains intact and is maintained
to a minimum extent.
When I a look at my current notification area there is a brand-new
"gnome-power-manager" icon which is a blue fuzzy blob, and the new "puplet"
icon which looks like equally weird. This really breaks the "visual user
experience".