Re: A quick idea

seawolf wrote:
Damn.

Thought cos of Gnash, it'd be ok to use.

Cheers anyways.

Unfortunately, there is no tool to create or play animated SVG (Inkscape has this on the roadmap, but not in the near future), otherwise SVG would be ideal for the task.

Another alternative could be to create the introduction in something like OOo Impress, export as PDF and play it in the default PDF viewer (this way you can have animated transitions between frames).

And why not use just HTML/CSS/nice graphics/a bit of JavaScript? Or maybe for smoother graphics, static SVG with working hyperlinks, viewed in the default browser.

On 22/05/06, Patrick W. Barnes <nman64 n-man com> wrote:
On Sunday 21 May 2006 14:54, seawolf <iamseawolf gmail com> wrote:
> Hi everyone --
>
> I had a little idea yesterday and wanted to run it by you guys:
> for a one-time introduction, how about a little interactive Flash
> movie that launches the first time a user logs in?
>
> My intentions are to use Gnash to play it [it's gaining ground :-p] if
> the PCs good enough for it to run smoothly. It's just to give the
> desktop a little pizazz the first time someone sees it.
>
> Any thoughts?

Flash is a non-starter.  It'll have to be in a free format.

--
nicu