Re: Cataloguing & Converting Bluecurve Icons

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
On Wed, 2006-05-24 at 13:55 -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
David Zeuthen wrote:
Do you think it make sense to support more than one icon set in the
Fedora Core distribution?
Has anybody proposed that? (I haven't. And I don't see anybody else doing so.)

So, I'm confused...?

If we are going to switch to another icon set by default, it isnt quite
efficient to put in too much effort into documenting and updating
BlueCurve. So which icon set are we going to provide by default in
Fedora should be answered before we put too much effort into reviving
BlueCurve. Thats the point.

From what i see, Bluecurve is not completely dead (but neither is in good shape), it is still the default theme in Fedora Core 5. But as it is not in good shape, it should be either improved or dropped, the status quo is not good enough.

As for what is the default, me, an external potential contributor, ask this: who and when will make this decision? Preferably early enough in the development cycle...

My personal bias is this: i do not like Tango and i do not like the current Bluecurve either (but i used to like Bluecurve when it was new)

--
nicu