Re: Fedora logo guidelines problem

O/H Máirín Duffy έγραψε:
> There is a definite tension between creative treatments of the logo and
> misuses of the logo that potentially damage the Fedora brand. But I
> think the usage guidelines are at least a good sane start, although I
> agree they do not allow for more creative treatments. The policy for the
> latter really is to send the example artwork to logo fedoraproject org
> to get it approved. This is not something you can easily write
> guidelines for; creative treatments I feel really need to be evaluated
> on a case-by-case basis.

Máirín, I remember us talking about this in the past and concluding that we
should improve the guidelines to include a logo suitable for dark backgrounds. A
good candidate could be the logo already located at
`/usr/share/gdm/themes/Bluecurve/rh_logo-header.png`, which looks OK on dark but
also on light backgrounds because of the drop shadow.

I can't seem to remember receiving any replies about this issue from the people
responsible for this matter and I tried to find their names/emails on the wiki
(and the recipients of the `logo` email alias), but with no luck (we should
really put them on the wiki).

Max mentioned in his last mail that "everything in Fedora takes a long time",
and we can fix this "just by continuing to push through barriers when they come
up". So we have a barrier here that needs to be pushed.

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos
http://dimitris.glezos.com/