Tweaking the design of the wiki

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Mon Nov 20 01:45:57 UTC 2006

(CCing art-list)

Hi all.

I've made some CSS/foo for the wiki. Here are some screenshots:

  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DimitrisGlezos/WikiDesignTuning

There have been some comments for improving the design of the wiki in the past
[1] but unfortunately they went uncommitted. It is sad to see contributions and
ideas not receiving the attention they require.

The design of the wiki is a *major* marketing issue and the artwork team should
have the opportunity to tune and increase the wiki's usability. It would be
great if *tomorrow* we could make the website more usable and accessible,
wouldn't it? :)

It is a good idea (tm) to always document somewhere the names of the people in
charge of stuff; it seems many pieces of the websites items don't have real
maintainers but just good hackers that just don't have enough time to do
everything. On the other hand, if no-one is in charge, we should put
*Maintainer/moderator needed* at the place where the name should appear, so that
someone steps up, who could be just the person in charge of poking in turn the
right people. So, it would be a great idea IMO to have a `Websites/Contact
points` wiki page.

Awaiting comments. I'll try to produce a reasonable `diff` soon.

-d

[1]:http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-websites-list/2006-June/thread.html#00051

--
Dimitris Glezos