Icon Theme

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Nov 29 17:01:50 UTC 2006

Leo wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>>From various replies, I notice people are focusing on the fact that
> Echo is not finished and we should wait and see. There is possibility
> that miracle can happen and we all want Fedora to have a popular yet
> unique look. However, could you try to estimate how much time we need
> to get it ready for Fedora 7 based on the number of people working on
> it? I quite doubt Echo can make it within Fedora 7 time frame.  As
> pointed out by David, inconsistency are one of the major issues.

A complete icon set would take time. Its a lot of work. Thats already
well known.

> Tango being a freedesktop project detached from any distributions will
> be adopted by all upstream developers sooner or later not to mention
> there are already quite a few software websites using tango
> icons.

Freedesktop is a hosting space not very different from sf.net except for
its desktop orientation. It is not a guarantee of upstream adaptobility.
  KDE most probably is not going to adopt it for example. There has been
discussions about whether tango as a theme would fit into freedesktop at
all though there is general agreement that a standard naming convention
is a very good thing.

Rahul