Re: GTK Theme for FC7

On Tue, 17/10/06 15:15 +0100, Nicu Buculei wrote:

> Máirín Duffy wrote:
>> Leo wrote:
>>> I'd suggest "Murrine GTK2 Cairo Engine"¹. I have been using
>>> MurrinaGilouche² which is based on this engine. Tweaking an existing
>>> theme is much less time consuming and is deliverable.
>> Hey, I really like Murrine! What does everybody else think?:
>> http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=42755
>> http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=44510
> I hate Murrine (not sure why: washed-out colors, crystal look) but
> like MurrinaGilouche

Honestly, I only like MurrinaGilouche too. Anyway, if you can list
what exactly you don't like about the engine, people (J5?) might be
able to help i.e. we could either suggest/contribute to upstream or
make a customized one say 'Furrine'. Actually I'd prefer the

Ubuntu went all the trouble to create their own gtk2 engine. Now we
could see the benefits: whenever people spot a screenshot, they will
instantly recognize what distribution that is running.