Re: GRUB - thinking about

Jiri Jakub Masek wrote:
Hi Paul, thank you.

So, if I understand it, there are two ways to make anything better. The first is no GRUB background image, the second is to design that image without gradients, with graphics objects with border lines in angles 0, 45, 90, 135 degrees for monitor with resolution ratio 4:3, universally only 0 and 90 degrees. It could be an appeal for graphics designers to try anything.

I think no background for GRUB is not a real option and gradients can be used, only take great care in using dithering. Personally, I am quite happy with the GRUB background I am using right now on my 19" CRT, and it is made using 16 colors, in 256 would be much better: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/temp/splash.xpm.gz

--
nicu