GRUB Advice

   1. Re: GRUB - thinking about (Nicu Buculei)

Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 09:10:31 +0300
From: Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora nicubunu ro>
Subject: Re: GRUB - thinking about
To: "Discussions about the artwork included with Fedora, including
        icons,  themes, and wallpapers." < fedora-art-list redhat com>

I think no background for GRUB is not a real option and gradients can be
used, only take great care in using dithering.
Personally, I am quite happy with the GRUB background I am using right
now on my 19" CRT, and it is made using 16 colors, in 256 would be much
better: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/temp/splash.xpm.gz

Nicu,

I've tested some GRUB images but the quality is not what I hoped for.  Would it be possible for you to post a how-to for myself and others to follow?

I am using GIMP to build my image with a 16 color pallet but I am unsure what dithering option to select and I am unsure if the choice of colors has an impact on image quality.

Thanks,

John