Fedora Core/Extras 6CD/DVD cover art

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Fri Sep 8 22:08:16 UTC 2006

Thomas Canniot wrote:
> After discussing on IRC with Diana, we came to conclusion for the
> following deadline :
>
> september 25th : deadline for submission
> 25 to 29th september : finalisation of the suggested artwork
>
> I have to give the art team the following elements :
>
>  * How a gradient it managed by the manufacturer ?

I've worked with various printers before I've never had issues getting
gradients printed. A gradient with  one color to transparency is
considered 1 color. A gradient from one color to another is considered 2
colors.

The above is, of course, on paper. I don't know about printing on DVDs
but I'd imagine it's similar.

>  * It is considered as a 2 colors artwork or not ?
>  * Has the printer a template ?
>  * What kind of file they would like to have ?
>  * If it is possible to print artworks as well on paper cases.

The current svg on the website is AFAIK the template that was used to
print on a paperboard DVD slipcase.

I played around a bit in inkscape - attaching the results, anyone can
feel free to play with it.

~m