Re: DNA theme for new FC6 browser splash page

Nicu Buculei wrote:
Jiri Jakub Masek wrote:
Hi, .....and what about to place logo in a white filled polygon as a graphics element? I named it a stamp, maybe a label. This could bring to graphics designs more of variability and the logo independent styles.

Honestly, I don't like the the stamp idea, having a whole white rectangle would make the image unbalanced and distract attention to it, it may limit your creative freedom, sometimes you want a discrete logo.

So I'm not really sure how much leeway we have with the logo guidelines at all. Since it's still intellectually the property of Red Hat and by using it we are bound to the guidelines we agreed to when we received the files, we really can't change the guidelines.

I know that the logo really has terrible contrast when against say a 50% grey background, but I think all we can do is make the background darker, try dark gradient effects, etc.

What I can do is try to find the correct person at Red Hat to whom we can send a proposal explaining the weaknesses of the guidelines and how we'd like to change the guidelines. What do you think about trying that?