Re: Including scalable icons to improve size coverage

Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
Matthias Clasen wrote:
I've used Charlies script and included svgs in yesterdays echo snapshot.
Please give it a try.

It work well. I wish the script allows the ability to directly save the
modification instead of the copy and paste. Idon't know much about perl
though.

I've included the updated version that does this. I generally use pipes and a bash line script which makes copies (because there are often accidents overwriting originals).
You could do something like this:

mkdir done;
for SVG in *.svg; do cat "$SVG" | trim_svg.pl > "done/$SVG" ; done;

But the new version will accept command line filename arguments which will be overwritten.

e.g.
trim_svg.pl *.svg

#!/usr/bin/perl

use XML::Twig;
if (! ARGV) {
    @ARGV = "-";
}
foreach (@ARGV) {
  my $twig=XML::Twig->new(twig_handlers => {
        'i:pgf' => sub {
            if ($_->{'att'}->{'id'} eq 'adobe_illustrator_pgf'){
                $_->delete;
            }
        },
        'i:pgfRef' => sub {
            $_->delete;
        },
        'x:xmpmeta' => sub {
            $_->delete;
        },

    }

  );    # create the twig
  $twig->parsefile($_);        # build it
  open OUTFILE,  "> $_" or die "Can't open $_ : $!";
  $twig->flush (\*OUTFILE);                 # output the twig
  close OUTFILE;
}