Re: Including scalable icons to improve size coverage

Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
I forgot to include the modified trim_svg.pl . Charles, could you check
why the script failed to restore visibility on one of Echo icon?

The I have just noticed that some icons refused to show up on my system. I narrowed down the problem to Adobe Illustrator wanting to put "svg:" in front of most tags (but only in some icons). Inkscape can deal with it but gimp/nautilus/eog can't. There are some 20 effected icons but the new version of the script corrects this. It goes through and removes all the svg: from the front of tags.

Another problem I found is that gimp also ignores the visibility attrib and displays the hidden objects anyway. This can be seen in preferences-desktop-accessibilityL.svg where the old wheelchair object is still visible over the new icon. You can search for these using:
> grep -l display=\"none\" *.svg
Usually these are just temporary items left behind while creating the image, but better make sure they didnt come to the foreground within the frame.