Fedora Infinity Update

Máirí­n Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Mon Aug 13 11:19:36 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Máirí­n Duffy wrote:
>> Hey folks,
>>
>> I've been playing around with the Fedora Infinity wallpaper this
>> weekend trying to get something I felt really comfortable with because
>> I felt that what we had at the end of round 2 just didn't have the
>> level of polish and 'bling' I think we were hoping for.
>>
>> Anyway this is what I ended up with:
>>
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F8Themes/Infinity/Round3Scratch
>>
>> What do you think?
>
> Would you mind posting some screenshots with the rawhide window manager
> and icon themes? It would be good to see how that looks.

I don't actually run rawhide (I don't have much of an option) but if you
do I would appreciate the screenshot.

> I think thps
> steps should stand out more prominently.

See, I don't think that's a good idea. If they were anymore prominent,
they'd be too distracting for a background - too much contrast.

I like the first one because
> the "infinity" part of it distinctly stand out and the third one because
>   the stars add more perspective to the other plain purple sky.

Okay, I think I may try the new stars/bling with the first one and see
how that looks. On my blog comments though it appears the bridge artwork
is wildly unpopular... but it would be worth it to see how it looks.

~m