Fedora Infinity Update

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Mon Aug 13 15:50:52 UTC 2007

O/H Máirín Duffy έγραψε:
> Martin Sourada wrote:
>> I put together in gimp some different colour variants of the fourth
>> wallpaper, as I like that one most of all. The purple somehow reminds me
>> of Christmas - not a good thing in the middle of summer :-D... So I made
>> in inkscape two blue gradients (brigther and darker) and in gimp
>> desaturated the original version and combined it variously with the
>> gradients. The first one [1] I include only because I think there is
>> some feeling in it, but it's not good for default Fedora wallpaper...
>> Its too bright and has no trace of blue ;-) But it's somehow mystical...
>> The second [2] is light blue and third [3] is darker blue. The dark one
>> seems to look best on a desktop.
>
> I talked to you about these in IRC :) But just to reiterate for everyone
> else, I really loved the yellow one and I tried to incorporate that
> effect in these:
>
> http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/art/infinity/gimp-processed

3.png is absolutely awesome. I particularly like the soundwave consisting of
vertical lines of the base theme; it breaks the monotony and lifelessness of the
image of something non biological. It seems like a voice, and having that
orthogonally placed with the vertical lines is just absolutely gorgeous.

Great work everybody! :)

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos