Re: Fedora Infinity Update

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Máirí­n Duffy wrote:

This sounds like a bit of an urban myth? I've never heard of this and I've a design degree - I would love to know where you've heard this?

Purple is the Gentoo color. See http://gentoo.org including their icon theme.

Isn't it kind of silly to reject any single color because of its symbolic meaning to another distro? Even SLES has used blue as the primary color in some of its themes: http://jimmac.musichall.cz/themesets.php

The purple is an accent color, not the primary color. If we were to reject particular colors because of their symbolic meaning elsewhere, we'd have no colors left to work with.

Also, Gentoo doesn't have much to do with this part of the thread?