Re: Fedora Infinity Update

I see what Rahul is saying. He's not saying that we shouldn't use purple cause Gentoo does, he's saying that because Gentoo does, we shouldn't shy away from the color.

On 8/13/07, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram fedoraproject org> wrote:
Máirí­n Duffy wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> Máirí­n Duffy wrote:
>>

>>> This sounds like a bit of an urban myth? I've never heard of this and
>>> I've a design degree - I would love to know where you've heard this?
>>
>> Purple is the Gentoo color. See http://gentoo.org including their icon
>> theme.
>
> Isn't it kind of silly to reject any single color because of its
> symbolic meaning to another distro? Even SLES has used blue as the
> primary color in some of its themes:
> http://jimmac.musichall.cz/themesets.php
>
> The purple is an accent color, not the primary color. If we were to
> reject particular colors because of their symbolic meaning elsewhere,
> we'd have no colors left to work with.
>
> Also, Gentoo doesn't have much to do with this part of the thread?

Not asking anyone to reject Purple. Just pointing out that it is already
being used predominantly in another distribution and that to a extend
invalidates the argument that people dont like purple as a color.

Rahul