Re: Using git command and trac

On Tue, 2007-08-14 at 08:56 +0200, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> Following the instructions about using git, I did not see any change
> into the browser from
> https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/echo-icon-theme/browser even
> though I have committed the change. Is there something wrong with Trac?
>
> Luya

Luya,

I was setting up a nodoka git repository yesterday and I succeeded, so I
think the trac is working. However, I wasn't able to get it working
using the command Jesse noted in the trac ticket. I got it working this
way:

1. clone the current git repository
  git clone git://git.fedoraproject.org/git/hosted/echo-icon-theme
2. copy the echo icons into the created folder
3. add them to the local repository using git add (note that this is a
bit tricky, as it does not have any output...)
4. commit changes
  git commit
5. push it back to the remote server
  git push git://git.fedoraproject.org/git/hosted/echo-icon-theme

Hope I remember it correctly...

Also, the changes are instantly accessible via git but in the trac they
appear about half an hour later, it seems.