Do we need another Echo?

Luya Tshimbalanga luya_tfz at thefinalzone.com
Thu Aug 16 17:33:08 UTC 2007

Martin Sourada a écrit :
> On Thu, 2007-08-16 at 15:58 +0200, Nicu Buculei wrote:
>
>> One problem with isometric icons is that they are harder to create and
>> as a consequence not so many people will contribute to the development.
>> But it you are one of the main icon designers and you like drawing in
>> this perspective, I say "more power to you!"
>>
> Yes, they are harder to create.But I think it's better to do it how we
> like it, even if it's harder. Easy way is not always the best. But I
> agree, that it could stop some people from contributing, who otherwise
> would.

+1. The first impact when I saw Tango icons on their 48x48 version was
boring  and not challenging enough. Also it is nice for users to have
choice instead of having the same 2d perspective all over the place.

> Actually, I think that isometric icons works best of the various 3D
> looking perspectives in small sizes - much better than the slightly
> tilted table perspective we use for action icons. 16x16 is however too
> small for all 3D perspectives...

Like I mentionned earlier, some icons like emotes won't have the same
feeling with their tilted table perspective.

* It feels like fundamental design class took me over *

Luya