About the mascot

María Leandro tatadbb at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 12:42:32 UTC 2007

I think is a delicated issue. To pic a mascot, we "should" think about
animals in danger of extinction, but this would unduly favour some of them.
So when I made my propose, I was thinking not just of one, rather, of
several,  but to make a unique mascot that could be more symbolic. (don't
wanna say USE MINE!.. just the idea...)

So, why don't we make a list of which animals are in danger of extinction
and join them to make a new one?

2007/8/22, Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro>:

> Karel Boissinot wrote:
> > Anybody thought of using a butterfly for the mascott?  I really suck at
> > drawing things so I can't say I have made a sketch, but I got inspired
> > looking at this picture:
> >
> > http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/images/3d_bubble_07.svg
> >
> > The reflected logo kinda makes it look like the bottom wings of a
> butterfly.
> >
> > Anyway, just food for thought
>
> The thing is a mascot should not be centered around the logo, the
> intention behind the mascot was to have it freely usable by anyone and
> the logo is governed by trademark guidelines.
>
> --
> nicu :: http://nicubunu.ro :: http://nicubunu.blogspot.com
> Cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/
> Open Clip Art Library: http://www.openclipart.org