Infinity GDM mockup

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Tue Aug 28 13:13:14 UTC 2007

Martin Sourada wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-08-28 at 14:30 +0200, Nicu Buculei wrote:
>> - the drop shadow could be a little more discrete, not so large and
>> definitely it should not be visible under the transparent area;
> Yes, however inkscape's blur isn't fit for such think (or I at least I
> don't know, how to do the blur only on out-looking side of an object).
> Can be removed later e.g. in gimp. And yes, it would probably be better
> smaller.

Use a mask. But instead of a solid white rectangle, use a big white
rectangle with a rectangle cut from its middle, covering only the
outside of the shadow... I was not very clear, look at my SVG

>> I think I'll play a bit in Inkscape with your SVG and post here if I
>> like what I get

Here, bot PNG and SVG http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/gdm/ (the svg does not
have the raster background)

> Looking forward to it. Note that the background is however imported png,
> so it will probably not show when you open the svg.

Sure, I know how to deal with that. BTW, you know it is possible to
embed the PNG inside the SVG? (but it will be base64 encoded, so the
file size is very large)