Re: Infinity GDM mockup

Martin Sourada wrote:
On Tue, 2007-08-28 at 16:53 +0200, Steven Garrity wrote:
This is looking good. I like the more subtle style and colors vs. the Fedora 7 theme.

I do find that this login screen generally looks "big". The fonts are large, the icons are very large, and the border around the window is huge.

I wonder if the screen might be improved by reducing the size of some of the elements and corner radii.

I've done a *very rough* mockup that just takes the current version and shrinks down some of the elements, and tones down some of the shades a bit:

http://actsofvolition.com/images/screenshots/fedora/gdm-infinity5.png

Originals are in here: http://actsofvolition.com/images/screenshots/fedora/

Cheers,
Steven Garrity

I somehow like the thick borders more, it adds some space to it, but I
agree it looks big. Don't know whether it is a problem, however.

The smaller variant from Steven Garrity looks much more elegant than having everything look so huge.

Rahul