animated backgrounds

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at seznam.cz
Wed Aug 29 07:57:45 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-29 at 04:51 +0200, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-08-28 at 16:23 -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> > I put together an xml file for the animation based on the format for
> > gnome-desktop-2.19.90-4:
> >
> > http://people.redhat.com/duffy/artwork/infinity-24/00-fedora-infinity-background.xml
>
> Nice. But I think you want a) the starttime to be midnight and b) the
> durations of the static images to be 2700 and the transitions to be 900,
> so that it actually sums up to 24 hours.

Matthias, how often the image is changed then? With the original
version, where Luya had the transitions set to 5.0 and still images to
1.0 it ate a lot of CPU cycles (during the transition it was even on 100
%), so when changing it to rotate accordingly to hours I set 2595 for
still images and 5 for transitions. It should sum 24 hours, but it seems
precisely one day (i.e. 24 hours) after the set start time it changed
with 10 minutes or so delay. I am now waiting for next whole hour to
see, how's it now (approximately 34 hours after start time). And btw.
the change that enables timezones actually works (I tried it soon after
the rpm was built, what a coincidence) :)

Martin