Ubuntu Hardy Heron's theme

Michael Beckwith michael.d.beckwith at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 21:19:08 UTC 2007

Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek wrote:
> Hmmm. Ubuntu had codec buddy-like application.
> Fedora implemented same but which install only Fluendo's codecs and
> attacks sometimes with prices. Wake up, Fedora is OpenSource and it
> takes power from OpenSource, so it should not recommend paying and
> external company. It's wrong and should be fixed.
>
> Livna is not official, bot don't be silly, it provides quality driver
> and nonfree packages like codecs. You should support also Livna repo,
> but not ship it by default.
>
> Livna is better than ATRPMs - we might be sure :] .
>
> Don't know others...
>

> What about inspiration would you say now?
>
> Dnia 11-12-2007, wto o godzinie 12:56 -0600, Michael Beckwith pisze:
>
>> There is absolutely nothing wrong with taking inspiration from other
>> distros, as long as you're not just blatantly copying it. Take the idea
>> and add your own things to it, chances are you could come up with
>> something better.

First off, how does this relate to the topic at hand about Ubuntu's
theme? Considering the fact that this is the art list and that's what
Laith was talking about when he started this mailing list thread. The
things I mentioned in regards to inspiration stems from what Ubuntu is
doing with their theming.

Second off, from what I remember from screenshots of Codec Buddy, it
first gives a message about supporting FOSS codecs like those in the
.OGG container. Then it offers a way to legally pay for the codec use,
if that's your thing. As a third option that isn't listed officially,
but is suggest on the Fedora forum as well as in the official IRC room,
is the livna repo which is a quality repo and I use regularly.

--
~Michael
http://ridleytx.structed.net (for now)