Re: Link for official F9 theme proposal

On Wednesday 12 December 2007 10:45:11 Michael Beckwith wrote:
> The problem with symbols like NYC or the Statue of Liberty is that they
> don't necessarily mean the same thing to everyone. Pidgeon is more
> likely, but someone would have to research what other cultures think as
> well.
> Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek wrote:
> > Freedom? I think best symbol of freedom is pidgeon or statue of liberty
> > (or something like that).
> >
> > Maybe an city, like New York, the liberty statue and a pidgeon flying
> > over :] ?
> >
> > Dnia 11-12-2007, wto o godzinie 22:45 -0600, Michael Beckwith pisze:
> >> Updated the theme page with two more visual ideas.
> >>
> >> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F9Themes/Freedom

Isn't pidgeon more of a peace symbol than freedom?

And the thing is: Are users ready for 3D computer generated graphics?

Maybe a scene from nature with a huge space can mean freedom too, and it is
more comon, not that I suggest this[1] (the downloads have reached 80,000+),
but something similar, well, a morning version would be great :P

Check out the highest rated wallpaper at kde-look.org[2], I didn't go to the
second page, but the top 15 (the first page) are all natural scenes, that
means that people like this kind of wallpapers....

Am I over-analyzing things? :D

[1] http://kde-look.org/content/show.php/NIGHT?content=25331
Laith Juwaidah