artTeam Home Page Mockup

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Wed Feb 28 14:33:26 UTC 2007

Le Mer 28 février 2007 14:10, Nicu Buculei a écrit :
> Paul W. Frields wrote:
>> On Tue, 2007-02-27 at 19:19 -0500, Máirín Duffy wrote:
>> [...snip...]
>>> (I do not think that putting together an
>>> extra theme package for (the artist formerly known as) extras requires
>>> working with Desktop team at all, although we will need someone with
>>> some packaging experience to help us put it together.)
>>
>> I'm not a packaging *guru*, but I've been packaging a few odds and ends
>> for a while now, and if I didn't mention it before, I'm happy to help
>> out with this part.
>
> Is possible to make a package that at install time change the wallpaper
> for all users?
> I think a package for an alternate theme should change: GRUB splash,
> RHGB screen, GDM theme, wallpaper. Maybe even the screensaver graphic,
> but I am not sure about that.

Please don't. This is the kind of heavy-handed intervention that makes
users mad.

What you can do is create aliases with names like "default" and change
what they point at from release to release. Meaning that users who
accepted to use distro defaults will get the changes, and others won't
have their loved custom setup stepped on.

For example I used DNA wallpaper and it changed to balloons recently. I
could get mad - I didn't select "default wallpaper" in the list but "DNA
wallpaper", it shouldn't have changed at the whim of the Desktop team.

--
Nicolas Mailhot