Here comes the hard part

John Baer baerjj at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 18:13:46 UTC 2007

All,

I posted a thread to the forum The Community
Lounge<http://forums.fedoraforum.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5> >
Fedora Focus <http://forums.fedoraforum.org/forumdisplay.php?f=45> directing
folks to the "Flying High" preview.

Please feel free to expand the scope of this post to those desired.
Admittedly, there is more that could be done to this theme but IMO it is
close enough for review. David, I hope the preview provides the information
that you, your colleagues, and other interested parties need to visualize
how Fedora Core 7 would look like.

Here's what I want to realize from this effort.

1. Reality Check.

The poll is a simple yes, can't decide, or no (much like a thumbs up or
thumbs down); hopefully the details will come in the replies. Much like the
stock market where volume is just as important as direction, a high volume
return of "no" would suggest do something else. Low volume anything would
suggest we are using the wrong tool.

2. Inclusion.

Although not easy, inclusion is important and hopefully the fedora community
will feel included by this exercise.

3. Future direction.

If the results suggest further refinements, the direction of those
refinements will be something open to discussion.

For me this is a win - win as the real goal of all of this is to promote
fedora to a wider audience.

Cheers,

John