Re: GDM themes/face browser

Nicu Buculei wrote:
Andreas Nilsson wrote:
Nicu Buculei wrote:
Speaking of GDM, the plan[1] for Fedora 7 is to use Fast User Switching with GDM face browser by default, so: - I think we should talk about this, to be sure how it will look (Ubuntu people are talking about 3D effects with AIGLX[2])
- start making GDM theme mockups and themes with a face browser
- think if we need additional faces (there are some in /usr/share/pixmaps/faces/ not sure if those are enough/original/pretty)

Hi Nicu!
Garrett Lesage and myself did some initial work on this some time ago.
http://primates.ximian.com/~glesage/wiki/user_pictures

And not last: we want a user pictures collection to be distro specific, upstreamed to GNOME or upstreamed to f.d.o (GDM and KDM)?
Our plan was to ship these with GNOME, as the current stuff in /usr/share/pixmaps/faces/ is just plain weird.
I think a good selection of maybe 10-15 pictures are good.
- Andreas