Re: Graphic for Education

Kukuh Basuki wrote:
Hi guys... I'm Kukuh Basuki from Indonesia. I'm an instructional media
developer... I'm a newbie on fedora's world (til now, I still use Mac,
and I wanna use fedora core for build computer based instructional
system)... I wanna make every learner im my country use fedora core
for learning. What kind of steps I can take for that? Is there any
applications for authoring on fedora core platform?
Thanks All. Viva ZOD!

What kind of authoring? graphic, dtp, presentation, audio, video, something else?

- for graphics the best tools are Inkscape and GIMP
- for desktop publishing Scribus, OpenOffice.org Draw, maybe Inskcape
- for presentations OpenOffice.org Impress
- for video: you can create screencasts with Istanbul and Byzanz
- for audio Audacity

I guess you can produce the learning material in HTML and there are a lot of tools for the job or as PDF, where are also a lot of tools, noticeable being the beautiful PDF export in OpenOffice.org

--
nicu