Flying High Preview 2 Started

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Mon Jan 29 00:55:39 UTC 2007

O/H Uno Engborg έγραψε:
> Jiri Jakub Masek wrote:
>
>> Hi John, there are mixed two styles, *technical drawing* and
>> *monolith* in RHGB,GDM Splash and GDM/KDE Desktop, I like the idea of
>> *technical drawing*, so, follow it.
>

> Agree, the technical drawing style looks very good. Could just be that
> it is not so dark. On the downside, it may give the wrong signals
> To many people Linux is something that is tool technical, perhaps we
> should avoid remind them of that. But it do look good.

I liked the idea of the blueprint drawings (technical) for the installation. It
felt as if they were professional, but the actual product isn't built yet. The
blueprints put the user into the idea that he himself is building the system and
is kind of anticipating.

What would really be great is to see the drawings get more complete and
sophisticated with the progress of the installation. So at the end of it (the
Congratulations screen) the graphics will be pixel-perfect.

So, here's an idea: why don't we contact the maintainers of Anaconda (Jeremy
Katz?) and see if we could find a way to change the graphics used in the
installation as the progress goes on?

Just an idea. :)

-d

--