Here are some of my ideas for Fedora 8 and Fedora 9

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 07:56:47 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-07-03 at 13:44 -0400, Kelly wrote:
> Beagle doesn't waste resources?  Even Google Desktop is more efficient
> than
> Beagle, which has been the cause of serious memory slowndown on every
> Linux
> system I've run with it installed.

And I haven't seen any performance with beagle on or off. My 3 systems
with mupltiple fedora core 6, fedora 7 and rawhide work same with beagle
on or off. I also tested it on a really poor celeron and only 256mb
laptop with ubuntu running. I disabled beagle completely on this laptop
and it still it's performance was bad as it was before I disabled beagle
and some other stuff.

the moral of the story: If you have crappy hardware you will have crappy
performance and it doesn't matter if beagle is running or not. If you
have good hardware you will have nice performance no matter if beagle is
on or off.