[Fedora 8 theme proposal] Fedora Nodoka Round 1

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at seznam.cz
Sat Jul 7 12:16:15 UTC 2007

> Yes. I would prefer a RPM package for testing changes. Have you done any
> benchmarks to see how well it performs compared to the default theme?
>
> http://www.manucornet.net/pub/olpc/gtk-theme-torturer.tgz
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/GTK_for_OLPC#GTK_theme.2Fengine_torturer_and_crash_tester
>
> Better or atleast equivalent performance is important.
>
> Rahul

As for the rpm. I've just created it [1]. As for the performance - I
tested only metacity theme, I don't know how to do benchmark on gtk
theme, but Daniel says murrine engine is faster then clearlooks. Here
are the results for metacity:

$ metacity-theme-viewer Clearlooks
Loaded theme "Clearlooks" in 0.01 seconds
Drew 100 frames in 0.17 client-side seconds (1.7 milliseconds per frame)
and 0.324083 seconds wall clock time including X server resources
(3.24083 milliseconds per frame)

$ metacity-theme-viewer Nodoka
Loaded theme "Nodoka" in 0.01 seconds
Drew 100 frames in 0.08 client-side seconds (0.8 milliseconds per frame)
and 0.141556 seconds wall clock time including X server resources
(1.41556 milliseconds per frame)

Martin