[F8 Theme Proposal] Fedora Feng Shui

John Baer baerjj at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 13:32:10 UTC 2007

> John Baer wrote:
> > Thanks for the comments. At this early stage I just wanted to see which
> > style had the most appeal.
>
> Even thought this is the early stages, you still need to respect the
> licenses and the rights of the authors of any works you've borrowed that
> are not your own. Please attribute these photos to their authors, and
> with their license. If their license conflicts with our wiki, please
> remove the photos from the wiki and link to them instead. Else, I will
> remove the photos from the wiki by next Friday.
>
> We need to be very concerned about licensing issues is all. It's fine to
> link to things that are hosted externally as Nicu suggested, but we
> shouldn't be lifting photos and uploading them to the wiki without
> permission.
>
> ~m

To the best of my knowledge the photo's I did not personally take would meet
the licensing terms of the wiki and open source. I would never suggest we
use someone's effort without their approval.

As my desire is not to labor over this issue the photo's from the theme
submission and the wiki are removed.

:(

John