"official" Sticker?

Gerold Kassube gerold at lugd.org
Sat Jul 7 19:28:17 UTC 2007

Rahul,

I'll do so; there are more than only "one" violation.
I asked within another question also in the Ambassador-ML and also
informed the Webshop and legal .....

On the other hand:
Why we don't create such "official stickers" and announce them for free
usage on the fedorawiki; we can see, that the used sticker seems to be
"stolen" from Nicu from his page at http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/artwork/

If we have such things all can be use the correct ones, ...
... and we have maybe less "problems" :-/

Just my five cents

Regards

Gerold

Am Sonntag, den 08.07.2007, 00:39 +0530 schrieb Rahul Sundaram:
> Gerold Kassube wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > please excuse, is this an "official Sticker" which can be used, produced
> > and sell by anyone?
> >
> > Take a look at
> > http://www.linux-onlineshop.de/product_info.php/info/p1113_Notebook-Sticker-Fedora.html
> >
> > I wonder, because I never saw, that we call it "Fedora linux" ...
> >
> > Just a question :-)
>
> No and it is likely a violation of our trademark guidelines to do this.
> If you have a contact address, drop them a mail and point them to the
> guidelines.
>
> Rahul

Gerold Kassube
-Vorstandsvorsitzender-