Re: The process is confusing, the red tape frustrating.

John Baer wrote:
I would never blast you the way Nicu blasted me, but I assume the photo's on your submission are yours as you have not made a statement of attribution.

Do you need to? ;)

I state pretty clearly on my proposal: "Here are some examples from photos I have taken from a number of places"

I take attribution and licensing very seriously.

Finally, wouldn't these rules apply to all forms of artwork?

Yes, they do!