Fedora-art-list Digest, Vol 15, Issue 3

Caleb Wellauer caleb at ninjatails.com
Wed Jun 6 17:02:00 UTC 2007

> - I haven't heard much about the status of the Echo icon theme lately;
> are you hoping to have this in good enough shape to become the default
> in F8 ?  We also need to redo the experiment to include svns.
	After looking at the Echo icons again, they look about 3/4 of the way
done, and since it's summer, some of the vacationers might get cracking
on that, I think. I know I am. :)

> - Personally, I'd like to explore a somewhat different style of artwork
> for F8; something much less branded and image-based (maybe stripes :-)
> -- if only because the F7 artwork is pretty much at the top of the
> quality scale for this kind of heavily image-based, branded artwork (as
> the initial F7 reviews show), and will be hard to top...
	I... somewhat agree. I know I personally always go in and change the
theme of the whole system when I install Fedora :P But stripes doesn't
really sound like the way to go for me. I, for one, like the eyecandy
type of themes, like gel, and I've already seen it in the Echo icon
theme. (Maybe we could develop a similar window theme???)

> Daring thought : have a non-blue wallpaper (blue is great but there
> are other colors too. Fedora theming have bordered on the monochrome
> those past releases)
	I agree, but I think most people are used to blue-ish, but maybe adding
a contrasting color, like orange, to it might brighten it up some. They
look pretty good, in my opinion (I'd know, because those are the two
colors I use all the time).